We seek a fulltime professional to oversee age-specific ministries for children, teens, and young adults, as well as oversee small group ministries for adults. The Director of Family life ensures that people of every age have meaningful intentional community in which to be loved, learn, and use their unique spiritual gifts to serve others. In Christ, we are all part of God’s family, the Director of Family Life connects people with their spiritual family at Faith.
- Create and implement age specific programing for youth, and families: Sunday School (infant-6th grade), Confirmation (middle school), Youth Group (middle/high school), College, Parent, and cross-generational ministry.
- Oversee the training and support of adult small group leaders as well as the placement of new members into small groups.
- Collaborate with Equipping Ministry to identify members’ spiritual gifts and connect them to ministry where they can joyfully serve.
- Recruit, coordinate, lead, and guide adult and youth helpers for youth programs, activities, and special events.
- Coordinate participation in special events such as Vacation Bible School, an annual mission trip to Baja California, Mexico, and regional and national youth gatherings
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries
- As an active member of the congregation, with the pastor and worship director be a voice for youth and families in the planning and implementation of worship, focus on integrating/incorporating all ages into worship leading and participation, as well as connecting our worship in the sanctuary with our service in the world.
- Collaborate with ministry teams to create and manage budgets for service work and youth ministry
- Share with the congregation and community the stories of faith in action through print and online media.
Skills and Knowledge
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills to relate to all age ranges
- Be an engaging teacher
- Be a self-motivated leader capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry
- Be able to recruit, train, and lead volunteers to discern and use their spiritual gifts
- Be able to recruit, train, and lead children and youth to be full participants in the community
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively with the church staff
- Be able to pass a background check
$54,080 salary plus health benefits and employer contribution to 401(k); four weeks paid vacation, paid time and budget for continuing education
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please submit a lesson or activity you have done with either a preschool, elementary school, or high school age group to Cindy Kampf.