Alleluia! Christ is Risen! Indeed, He is risen! What a joyful time Easter is. I can say we’ve now
successfully made if through Easter Sunday and what a treat it’s been. This Easter, however, has
been very different from Easters past. Due to the COVID-19 services went from “in-person”
with the full choir, praise team, and instrumentalists to live-streamed and to only a couple of
musicians and others. Despite the struggle with this virus, it was still a meaningful time packed
full of fantastic sermons, videos, messages, music, and visual art.
It was such a blessing to me to have so many people who were willing to volunteer for each of
the services. I appreciated and will continue to appreciate the efforts of the numerous choir
members, praise team members, instrumentalists, A/V specialists, and so many others who were
so willing to volunteer their time to come and share their gifts.
There were many great highlights throughout Holy week, many including:
1. Personal stories and connection to biblical readings by new members
2. Powerful sermons that incorporated numerous media
3. Powerful music from Palm Sunday all the way to Easter Sunday that included many
gifted vocalists and instrumentalists
4. Beautiful floral arrangements for Good Friday, Easter Vigil. and Easter Sunday
5. Meditative videos for the Easter proclamation
This barely even begins to scrape the surface of the highlights from a meaningful and meditative
week of worship for our Risen Lord!
Thank you again to all who made Holy Week possible. A BIG thank you, also, to everyone who
has made my transition to director of worship and music so smooth and enjoyable. I look
forward to when we will all be back together again and I am so excited to get to know each of
you better in the coming time.
Alleluia! Christ is risen!
- Luke Nicolay, Director of Worship and Music